Check out these five great stories from around the web.
- An interesting look at a day in the life of Hearst Digital Media’s senior features editor (trying saying that five times fast), who has to spread her focus across all 17 (!!) of Heart’s sites. Good riddance!
- Because in the midst of all of the lovey-dovey marketing we’re bombarded with during Valentine’s Day, sometimes you just want a book that will let you have a good cry, a la A Fault in Our Stars.
- I’ve been editing a book chapter this week (dreams do come true!), and in doing a little copy editing research, I came across this interview with editor extraordinaire Susan Bradanini Betz. Definitely one of my better finds so far this year.
- Check out this list of 15 new authors that you’re going to be obsessed with this year–rock on female empowerment and politically-tinged stories. We’re ready for ya.
- New job alert: Publishers are now hiring “sensitivity readers” to make sure authors are appropriately covering any potentially offensive or sensitive material.