Check out these five great stories from around the web.
- Two industry hotshots have teamed up to create a new imprint at Macmillan that will focus on “idea-driven narratives” that “straddle the line between commercial and literary.” You go, girls.
- Author Max Winter reminds us that rules are made to be broken, especially when it comes to writing fiction.
- This 94-year-old man keeps his mind active by self-publishing fiction. Because why not write 20 books after you retire at 90?
- The LA Review of Books created a five-week summer program to help people break into the publishing industry, and I. Want. To. Be. There.
- A fascinating look at what really goes into making a cookbook. Spoiler: it’s a lot.